The blue screen of death (BSOD) error with stop code KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE is likely to occur while you are using your computer. It comes as a blue screen, which forces your computer to restart. This error is an indication of hardware issues. Or maybe a virus has infected your computer.
However, you can fix this BSOD error using a few operations. This guide will review what this error is, its causes, and how to fix it.
- 1 What is Kernel Data Inpage Error?
- 2 What Causes this Kernel Data Inpage Error?
- 3 How to Fix Kernel Data Inpage Error 0x0000007a
- 4 Conclusion
What is Kernel Data Inpage Error?
This stop code KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE is a Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) error code. It is usually associated with hardware failures. When it occurs, it comes with an error message and forces your computer to restart.
The error message reads;
“A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR”
Once you see this BSOD error message on your screen, you should fix it immediately. But before you do that, you need to know the cause of this error.
What Causes this Kernel Data Inpage Error?
This error may happen due to several reasons, and I have listed a couple of these reasons below.
- Installed software conflicts
- Memory problems
- Virus infection in your computer
- Drivers incompatibility or outdated issue
- Corrupted Windows system files
- A damaged or corrupted hard disk
Nonetheless, once you encounter this BSOD error, you would want to fix it immediately. You can fix it by following the guide in the next section.
How to Fix Kernel Data Inpage Error 0x0000007a
You can try out several solutions below to solve the BSOD Kernel Data Inpage Error 0x0000007a. A step-by-step guide will follow each solution. But the first thing you need to do once you encounter this error is to restart your computer. Restarting your computer can sometimes fix many minor issues.
If a computer reboot couldn’t fix the Kernel Data Inpage Error, then you should continue trying the solutions below.
You can also try resolving Kernel Data Inpage Error with CHKDSK. With Windows CHKDSK utility, you can verify the file system’s integrity, scan and resolve various files system errors, and fix many other errors.
If this BSOD error is caused by a file system error or a bad sector, you can try using the CHKDSK command line to fix the Kernel Data Inpage Error. This solution works on Windows 10, 8, and 7 operating systems. To perform this solution, you need to follow the detailed steps below.
- Step 1: – Press the Windows logo key and R simultaneously on the computer keyboard. This operation will open up the Windows RUN window.
- Step 2: – Now, type cmd in the search box and hit the Enter button on your keyboard.
- Step 3: – Click on OK to run Command Prompt as an Administrator.
- Step 4: – Now, you need to input this command line: chkdsk c: /f /r and press Enter on your keyboard. Ensure that you replace “c” with the exact drive letter of the operating system drive.
- Step 5: – Now, you can check if the error persists.
If, after trying these steps, you were not able to resolve the problem, you need to move down to the solutions below.
Solution 1 – Running Memory Diagnostics Tool for a RAM Check
When the Kernel Data Inpage Error issue frequently occurs and running CHKDSK in Windows did not fix the problem, you can check the computer for RAM issues. To do this, you need to follow the steps below.
- Step 1: – Press the Windows logo key + R key on the keyboard to open up a RUN window.
- Step 2: – Type in mdsched.exe in the Run Window and press the Enter button to run the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool.
- Step 3: – Now, you can check your computer for memory issues by clicking on one of the two options: “Restart now and check for problems,” or “Check for problems the next time I start my computer.” You should click on the first option. When you click the first option, your computer will restart, and Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool will start detecting the memory issues.
- Step 4: – If it did not find any issues, it means that your computer RAM is not to the culprit for the Kernel Data Inpage Error. But, if it finds errors, then you have a defective computer RAM. You will have to replace a new RAM.
If you were not able to resolve the problem after running the memory diagnostics tool, you need to move down to the solutions below.
Solution 2 – Run an Antivirus Scan to Fix Kernel Data Inpage Error
If your computer is infected by viruses or malware, it will lead to file corruption and Kernel Data Inpage Error. To fix this, you can run Windows built-in antivirus tool Windows Defender to scan and remove potential viruses or malware on the computer.
You can also use a third-party antivirus tool for a deep virus scan. This operation may fix 0x0000007a Kernel Data Inpage Error on Windows 10, 8, and 7.
However, you need to know that data and files infected by the virus may be cleaned or deleted completely. And this may result in a big data loss. But, you can easily recover all deleted files or lost data using data recovery software. If you were not able to resolve the problem after running an antivirus scan, you need to move down to the solutions below.
Solution 3 – Check System Log to Fix 0x0000007a Kernel Data Inpage Error
If you encounter this BSOD error, you can use the Windows Event Viewer tool to check which device, application, or event caused the Kernel Data Inpage Error. You can do this on Windows 10, 8, 8.1, and 7. To perform this solution, you should follow the detailed steps below.
- Step 1: – Click on Start on the computer and type Event or Event Viewer. Click on Event Viewer.
- Step 2: – Press the Windows logo key + R on your keyboard, then type %SystemRoot%/system32/eventvwr.msc /s or eventvwr in the search box.
- Step 3: – Click on the Control Panel shortcut key on the computer screen. Alternatively, you can press the Windows logo key + R on your keyboard, type in Control Panel, and then click on System & Security.
- Step 4: – Click on Administrative Tools and then click on Event Viewer.
- Step 5: – Once you open the Windows Event Viewer tool, you can click on the Windows Logo key and double-click on System. Then you can browse all the system events to check if any error messages could be causing the Kernel Data Inpage Error.
If you were not able to resolve the problem after checking the system log, you need to move down to the solutions below.
Solution 4: – Update Device Drivers
You may also encounter the BSOD 0x0000007a stop code due to incompatible or outdated device drivers. In this case, you can fix by updating all your device drivers.
- Step 1: – Press Windows Logo key + X on the keyboard at the same time, and click on Device Manager.
- Step 2: – Click on Disk Drives. Now, right-click on the computer hard drive and click on Properties.
- Step 3: – Click on the Driver tab and then on Update Driver to update the driver for the computer hard drive.
If you were not able to resolve the problem after updating your device drivers, you need to move down to the solutions below.
Solution 5 – Uninstall Incompatible Software
If some newly installed software or third-party applications have some incompatibility issues with PC, the BSOD Kernel Data Inpage Error 0x0000007a may also occur. You can uninstall the suspicious software to see if the Kernel Data Inpage Error can be fixed.
To uninstall programs,
- Step 1: – You need to click on the Control Panel shortcut key on your computer screen or press the Windows logo key + R simultaneously and input the control panel in the RUN dialogue box.
- Step 2: – Click on Programs and then select Programs and Features.
- Step 3: – Uninstall a program to uninstall target programs. You can click on Installed On to set the program’s installation date in descending order. This operation will help you find the most recently installed programs.
One of these solutions listed above should do the trick for you. If not, you can try running an SFC or scannow to fix this Kernel data inpage error.
You may encounter this BSOD Kernel Data Inpage Error 0x0000007a stop code while using your computer. This error may appear when you are using corrupt or incompatible drivers on your device.
Sometimes, you may fix it by updating your device drivers. This guide has informed you of the solutions for this BSOD error, and I believe you can now fix it.